Amplifiers come in a great variety of forms: there is the preamp, which purely brings the signals from the source (CD player, turntable, smartphone … ) to a higher level and adjusts the volume. There is the power amplifier (or main amp), which takes the final amplification and generates the appropriate level for the speaker. The combination of pre and main amp is called integrated or full amplifier. And if more than two channels are in play, it is called multi-channel amplifier. These are usually the basis of home theater sound systems and you can find out more about them in our home cinema section.


To all English speaking friends of LowBeats

Thanks for visiting LowBeats Magazin. At present it is an all German language site, with just the odd feature and review in English. We are working hard to present much more content in English and aim eventually to have a full dual language magazine for our readers. In the meantime please bear with us whilst we work to achieve this.  It will be worth the wait!

From the team at LowBeats